Our Full day preschool program reopened in mid-May. Before opening, our staff and classrooms were prepared in compliance with CDC guidelines in accordance with phase 1. Throughout the phases, we have updated and furthered our cleaning and sanitation guidelines. We are now in phase 3. Our 2020-21 school year began on September 8th!
What to know:
- This school year, our operating hours are 7:30am – 5:30pm, Monday-Friday.
- We follow the guidelines and protocols put in place by the CDC, the local health department and our own policies and procedures for cleaning and sanitizing. We have a day porter who is on site daily for cleaning and sanitizing the common areas and high touch areas of the school. In addition, we have a corporate cleaning crew come in each evening to do after hours deep cleaning. The teachers are supplied with daily cleaning products to ensure their rooms are properly cleaned and sanitized through-out the school day.
- Children wash their hands regularly throughout the day and hand sanitizer is available throughout the building to use as needed.
- Toys are rotated and constantly cleaned/disinfected to ensure effective germ removal. Students do not share personal art materials that cannot be sanitized and disinfected i.e. crayons, colored pencils, pencils etc. Instead, they have their own individual bags/boxes of supplies.
- At this time, parents are not be able to enter the building. Parents will be received at the “half day” entrance doors for prek and summer camp students, and the big room entrance for Infant-3’s. If there is a line, please wait in your car until you can safely join the line. Pick up will be the same, we will bring your child to you.
- All parents must wear a mask when approaching the door. Children are not required to wear masks. Our teachers and staff are required to wear masks.
- All staff are health screened and temp checked before entering the building daily. Children will be health screened, temp checked, then walked by a teacher to their classroom. Staff or students who have a temperature of 100.4 or higher, will be sent home.
- Infant parents need to fill out Tadpoles information (last bottle, feeding, diaper) before drop off.
- The Tadpoles App allows our teachers to keep attendance of their campers in the building, and it gives them the opportunity to send updates and photographs to parents to let them know what the campers are doing each day. If you are new you will need to download the Tadpoles App for parents and log in with the email that you provided to us at registration.
- Virginia Department Of Health: What to do if you were potentially exposed to COVID-19
- VDSS Phase 3 Guidelines
- VDSS Childcare VA Resources
- Commonwealth of Virginia: Status as an Essential Business
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.