On July 6th, Schoolhouse Grill will begin a catering service at Open Arms for lunches and snacks. Schoolhouse Grill has been a catering service to local schools and childcare centers for the past 15 years. We are excited to begin this service for our students and families. Some highlights about Schoolhouse Grill are below.
- Menu plan components are based on the United States Department of Agriculture child meal patterns for the age group being served.
- Menu selection is based on what they know kids love and parents want.
- Portion sizes meet the USDA guidelines
- They are Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Health Certified for child food and inspected on a random basis.
- They serve fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
- No peanuts or tree nuts are used in their facility or products.
- They offer gluten free and vegetarian options on a daily basis.
- All ingredients are conveniently available on the informative Schoolhouse Grill website www.schoolhousegrill.com