Is your family struggling with distance learning from home? We wanted to let you know that we are here for you and will offer a program to fit your family’s needs.
Open Arms serves families with full day distance learning for school age children grades kindergarten – 5th grade.
- Our teachers follow the LCPS schedule while monitoring screen time, Google Meets, and school work during synchronous and asynchronous learning.
- We will provide activities and recreation during non-school time. This will include out door play, Chapel and P.E.
- Snacks and hot lunch provided.
- We follow the guidelines and protocols put in place by the CDC, the local health department, Virginia Department of Social Services, and our own policies and procedures for cleaning and sanitizing. We have a day porter who is on site daily for cleaning and sanitizing the common areas and high touch areas of the school. In addition, we have a corporate cleaning crew come in each evening to do after hours deep cleaning. The teachers are supplied with daily cleaning products to ensure their rooms are properly cleaned and sanitized throughout the school day.
- Children wash their hands regularly throughout the day and hand sanitizer is available throughout the building to use as needed.
- Toys are rotated and constantly cleaned/disinfected to ensure effective germ removal. Students do not share personal art materials that cannot be sanitized and disinfected i.e. crayons, colored pencils, pencils etc. Instead, they have their own individual bags/boxes of supplies.
- Currently, parents are not able to enter the building. Parents will be received at the “half day” entrance doors for school age students, if there is a line, please wait in your car until you can safely join the line. Pick up will be the same, we will bring your child to you.
- All parents must wear a mask when approaching the door. Our teachers and staff are required to wear masks.
- All staff are health screened and temp checked before entering the building daily. Children will be health screened, temp checked, then walked by a teacher to their classroom.
- At this time, no outside vendors will enter the building.
Space is limited so please let us know if you are interested in the program. Contact Hena, our enrollment coordinator, at email@example.com.