February is National Children’s Dental Health Month.
At Open Arms, teachers will implement healthy ways to take care of your teeth in their weekly lesson plans. We will also have a Dentist visit from Ashburn Children’s Dentistry on February 21st to talk to students about the importance of taking care of teeth!
As parents, you can observe this month in several ways.
- Call your dentist and make an appointment for your child’s dental checkup.
- Your child should see the dentist two times per year.
- Ensure your child is brushing twice a day.
- If your child is old enough, introduce flossing and how to floss.
- Replace old toothbrushes with new ones.
- On your next trip to the store, let your child shop for a fluoride toothpaste.