“Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.”
At the core foundation of our school is a commitment to providing our students with a Lutheran based education through the instrumental instruction of excellent educators, administrators and support staff. We hire experienced, trustworthy, devoted, and highly qualified individuals who value providing our students with exceptional education and care.
With over 100 members of our “Team Super” staff, parents can have peace of mind knowing that their child is always being taken care of with complete attention and dedication to their emotional, spiritual and educational journeys.
Our Team Includes
- Administrative Team – Our administrative team includes our director, Carrie Ann Jiridly, as well as our enrollment coordinator and staffing coordinator. They work both behind the scenes as well as with families and in the classroom with teachers and children.
- Lead Teachers – Our classrooms are managed by co-lead teachers who are responsible for planning lessons and activities for their students. Lead teachers are provided with ongoing professional development and support from the administrative team. They also make sure parents stay involved in their child’s progress, through daily updates on Tadpoles, class newsletters and e-mails, and invitations to participate in special class activities.
- Specialty Teachers – These teachers offer instruction in Music, and Physical Education. Classrooms are visited by our Music teacher once a week for instruction, and each class spends daily time in our “Big Room” with large movement activities led by our Physical Education teacher.
- Rotating Teachers – These teachers rotate throughout the day, providing planning times for teachers, covering lunch breaks, and standing in for teachers who might be out ill or on vacation.
- Kitchen and Housekeepers – Our kitchen staff delivers nutritious snacks and hot lunches daily. A morning and afternoon snack is served to children in their classrooms, and warm lunches are served to full-day and extended-day classes. Housekeepers perform many of the functions necessary to keep our school running smoothly. They are on-hand and available to clean up the messes that happen so often with little ones.
We are proud to acknowledge and appreciate our teachers with recognition on our Facebook site as well as periodic surprises (breakfast bar, donuts and coffee, and pot-luck lunches) throughout the year.
In May, we celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week with daily activities and gifts for our wonderful teachers and staff. We are very proud and thankful for our “Team Awesome” staff, and we appreciate all they do to support the mission and goals of Open Arms!
Carrie Ann Jiridly, Director
Carrie Ann has been in the Early Childhood field for over 20 years. Shortly after moving to Ashburn and having her first son, she decided to work at a nearby child care center and discovered that she had a real passion for children. Carrie Ann received her Associate’s Degree in Child Development from Ellis University, and has spent 4 years as an Assistant Director and over 15 years as Center Director. She is currently pursuing her Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education.
Carrie Ann is a native Texan who moved to Virginia with her husband of 26 years. She and her husband, Sam, fell in love with the Ashburn area. Together they have three children: Malek, 22, is a senior in college, Amir, 19, is a sophmore in college, and Riana, 10, attends Waxpool Elementary.